Join Us Now
An inclusive Pacific society where all human rights of all persons with disabilities are realised.
A regional Organisation of and for persons with disabilities and representing their voice for inclusion, in compliance with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
To improve the situations of persons with disabilities in Pacific Island Countries & Territories by developing and strengthening the capacity of member Organisations for persons with Disabilities (OPDs) through advocacy and collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Promote and advocate for the recognition of all human rights of all persons with disabilities.
- Promote and advocate for the recognition of the needs and interests of Pacific persons with disabilities in respect of political, economic, social and cultural development.
- Promote and advocate for the recognition of the needs and rights of women, youth and children with disabilities.
- Provide a democratic multilateral decision-making forum for the resolution of issues that have a Pacific regional dimension.
- Collect and disseminate information about disability-related concerns in the Pacific region.
- Encourage and support the development and strengthening of Pacific disabled persons organisations.
- Promote cooperation and joint activity in respect of disability-related concerns among Pacific region disabled persons organisations, agencies of the United Nations in the Asia and Pacific region, Pacific governments, Pacific region national human rights institutions, intergovernmental bodies, donor and development agencies and other relevant bodies.
- Develop and publish disability policy and program resources.
- Promote and support research into disability-related concerns in the Pacific region.
- Promote, support and monitor the implementation of the UNESCAP Incheon Strategy ‘To Make the Right Real’ for Persons with Disabilities in the Asia and Pacific Region 2013-2025, UN Sustainable Development goals and the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Promote, support and monitor the implementation of the Framework for Pacific Regionalism and the Pacific Framework for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities 2016-2025, and all other intergovernmental agreements and initiatives for the benefit of persons with disabilities.
- Represent and promote the interests and concerns of the PDF at Pacific regional, Asian and Pacific regional and international events and decision-making processes.