Data and Information play an important part in the work that the Forum continues to carry out.
As outlined in the Organization’s Strategic Plan, PDF will ensure that the best practices across countries and sectors in an easily accessible and user friendly format to support advocacy.
To improve the situations of persons with disabilities in Pacific Island Countries & Territories, Pacfic Disability Forum has over teh years developed Guides, Documents and papers to ensure the development and strengthening the capacity of member disabled persons organisations (DPOs) in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
Persons with disabilities face far greater impact and disproportionate effect and risk due to COVID-19. The global pandemic poses greater risk of exposure and the possibility of suffering serious health effects due to a range of factors, which may include an inability to practice basic preventative measures, a lack of access to information, pre-existing health conditions and other vulnerabilities. Engaging persons with disabilities in decision making and also in planning is paramount during this global pandemic.
The Pacific Disability Forum with the assistance of donors, has been able to:
(i) has compiled a comprehensive set of papers to assist in the engagement process
- DIDRR in COVID-19 outbreak (pdf version) (Word doc.) (French version)
- Disability Inclusive Communication Guideline (pdf version) (Word doc.) (French version)
- Disability Inclusive Messaging Guideline (pdf version) (Word doc.) (French version)
- Guideline on pre-condition to inclusion for persons with disabilities (pdf version) (Word doc.) (French version)
- Human Rights Based Approach Guideline to Disability Inclusion in COVID-19 Response (pdf version) (Word doc.) (French version)
(ii) develop accessible materials to assist persons with disabilities prepare as well as stay safe during this global pandemic.
- COVID-19 Practical Guidance – Person with disability (Download)
- COVID-19 Practical Guidance – Service Providers (Download)
- COVID-19-Appendix (Download)
- Vaccination Disability Guidance for Ministries of Health (Download)
- Vaccine Guide: Easy to Read Information Sheet (Download)
(iii) undertaken the distribution of PPE and other assistive devices to help persons with disabilities during this period.