The Pacific Disability Forum (PDF) is a regional non-governmental organisation established in 2002, formally inaugurated in 2004, and registered in Fiji in 2007 following a growing momentum in the Pacific region of leaders of organisations of people with disabilities (DPOs) to recognise the potential of people with disabilities and their organisations.
PDF is the regional peak body on disability. PDF promotes and facilitates regional cooperation on disability related concerns for the benefit of people with disabilities, their families and organisations in the Pacific. PDF’s vision is an inclusive and equitable Pacific society where all human rights of all people with disabilities are realised.
The COVID19 Specialist will lead and coordinate the COVID19 communication and engagement project for the PDF till September 2021. The role will undertake program management, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation, and stakeholder engagement to drive PDF’s work in disability inclusion for COVID19 preparedness and response in the Pacific. Key responsibilities of the position are:
1. Participate in internal planning with the Pacific Disability Forum COVID19 team to finalize the methodology, work plan and clarify key issues and deliverables for remaining timeframe for project.
2. Monitor and track implementation plan for Disability inclusive COVID19 project.
3. Work with relevant PDF staff (and specifically the Communications officer) in the design and development of necessary information, education and community products for the project.
4. Collate and compile key data and deliverables to deliver narrative and financial monthly and technical reports for PDF management and liaise with WHO for joint advocacy and outreach initiatives.
We are looking for someone with:
• A university degree in Communications (or similar), Project Management, Environmental Studies, Business Administration, Finance, Public Health or a relevant field
• Sound disability knowledge (across the different impairment group) and its application
• Sound UNCRPD knowledge and its application as well.
• At least three relevant and successful project management assignments developed over the last 4-5 years which highlights their experience
• Experience in report writing and content development
Role Descriptions are available from Katabwena.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Email applications marked subject “COVID19 Specialist” to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 13th April 2021